Trustee Investment Service
Estate planning often involves the use of trusts to help mitigate inheritance tax and to help preserve your wealth within your family lineage.
If you are a trustee of a trust, are planning to set one up or are you are a recent beneficiary of a trust it is important to ensure that you have the correct financial advice. The Trustee Act 2000 introduced rules covering the actions of trustees in relation to how assets are invested.
We can help you to understand the rules covering the actions of trustees in relation to how assets are invested.
OUR TRUSTEE INVESTMENT SERVICE
When protecting your family’s wealth it is often common that you will have a family member as a trustee of your trust. However, few “family trustees” are aware of their full responsibilities in looking after trust money.
Bartholomew Hawkins Trustee Investment Service provides financial advice to trustees helping you meet all of your responsibilities. Below is a summary of the key components you must consider:
- Investment strategy – this will be driven by the objectives of your trust
- Asset allocation – the long term outlook of many trusts will impact on the asset classes required
- Tax wrappers – opportunities to maximise tax planning within your trust
- Monitoring and reporting – trustees need to be able to evidence that they have a clear decision making and review process
Please contact our team for more information on our trustee investment service.
Please also see our other investment management services:
- Investment review
- Wealth Management
- Ethical Investment Management
- Enterprise Investment Schemes (EIS) planning
- Venture Capital Trusts (VCT) planning